- Veuve is always a classic, but there are plenty of good sparkling wines at a lower price point. But hey, it’s Thanksgiving, and it’s been a year! So, in the words of Tom and Donna, “treat yo’ self!”
- A personal favorite of Carina’s is a Kir Royale- add a little crème de cassis in your champagne glass, and even a little lemon peel to make it extra fancy!
- If you need some other champagne recommendations, feel free to reach out by email!
After you finish sipping on some champagne while mingling, we recommend switching to a good red while you enjoy your lunch/dinner.
- If you are preparing a turkey in the oven, we recommend pairing it with our all time favorite Pinot Noir. Belle Glos Pinot Noir Dairyman is so good. It is a bolder pinot with notes of cherry, vanilla and oak. In our eyes, Joey Wagner can do no wrong.
- If you are looking for a Pinot at a lower price point, check out Meiomi!
- If you are smoking your turkey, try a Zinfandel! We recommend Beran. It’s big and bold with hints of plum, yum!
- Not crazy about straight Zinfandel? Try Joey Wagner’s Tobial or Orin Swift’s Eight Years In The Desert.
Not in the mood for red? Try a white wine!
- We recommend pairing a Chardonnay with both ham and turkey! Check out Cakebread Chardonnay.
- Looking for something that pairs well with all those green beans? Try this Sancerre!
Still wanna drink some more? Good, we’ve got suggestions for dessert pairings. When we left Portugal, we left pretty big fans of the Portuguese wine scene. We loved pairing ports with our desserts every night. Below are a couple to try with your final course!
- A tawny port – Grahams 10 Year Old Tawny Port is well balanced with hints of caramel, fig and date. Pair this with your pecan pie; you won’t be disappointed!
- A ruby port – Porto Valdouro Ruby Port is a great pairing for chocolate cake! This ruby port has hints of raspberries, dark cherries and honey – yummy!
We are so thankful to have started this wine journey with you all! Please let us know if you try any of our recommendations! And if you are looking for more specific recommendations, please feel free to email us at any time!
Cheers to the Holiday season!