Hey y’all! We start our first WSET Level 1 class on November 9. Until then, we are trying to learn as much as we can about wine on our own. Below is a list of the books, podcasts and movies we are enjoying right now!Books:
- The Wine Bible by Karen MacNeil – approachable and well written – a great resource for any consumer looking to expand their knowledge.
- Wine Folly: Magnum Edition: The Master Guide – a great guide and excellent resource to have on hand!
- Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine – in depth, educational and enjoyable!
- WINE. all the time. by Marissa A Ross – funny, informative and a great place to start for anyone looking to expand on their beginner’s level knowledge.
- But First, Champagne: A Modern Guide to the World’s Favorite Wine – great guide for the amateur or experienced champagne drinker!
- Guild of Sommeliers – in depth conversation with industry experts, best for those with previous knowledge.
- I’ll Drink to That! Wine Talk – a former sommelier interviewing famous wine personalities. Plenty of episodes for listening.
- Matthew’s World of Wine and Drink – fact filled, educational and credible. Check out this podcast!
- Sour Grapes – an entertaining wine documentary about a con artist who tricked wine experts into spending large sums of money on bottles that were not exactly what they seemed.
- SOMM – a documentary about preparing for the Master Sommelier exam.
- Uncorked – this movie follows a long man on his journey to achieve his dreams of becoming a sommelier and all the hiccups along the way.
Let us know your favorite wine documentaries, podcasts and books! Cheers!
Leave a Reply